Working On Customer Sites – Covid 19 Risk Assessment Checklist
Under Level 2 & 3 some of our customers will be re-opening to serve coffee and therefore requiring us to be available for machinery faults and maintenance.
The following are some, but not necessarily all the precautions you should take when entering a customer site. While this serves as a reminder, you are ultimately responsible for taking the suggested precautions and ensuring your ongoing health and wellbeing. Other practices working remotely and in workshop include:
- Washing and drying hands regularly
- Daily wipe down of mobiles, tablets and laptops
- Use hand sanitizer regularly
- Use gloves when required
Before arrival - Call the site ahead of the visit and ask about their on-site health and hygiene precautions, including whether anyone on site is displaying symptoms of covid-19, these include:
• a new or worsening cough
• a high temperature (at least 38°C)
• shortness of breath
• sore throat
• sneezing and runny nose
• temporary loss of smell.
– Thoroughly wash your hands before leaving for site
– Put disposable gloves on before leaving your vehicle
– Wear normal high viz as required
– Put mask on before leaving vehicle - you may have to quickly remove it to allow identification before gaining access to the building
– On arrival - ensure your name and details are added to the on-site register. Record the names of anyone on site if you don’t already have this.
– Talk to staff on arrival– remind them of 2m social distancing requirement, where possible define the area you need to operate in If the till operator is within 2m of the coffee machine, ask the operator to move away while you attend to the machine
– Wipe down the surfaces of the machine before starting work
– Use Tiger Tails where possible to ensure your social distancing
Before leaving - Wipe any pens down you have used with your gloves
–Wipe any work surfaces and tools down you have used on the job
– If staff do not adhere to social distancing, you can leave the site as long as the machine is left in a safe order.
– Thoroughly wash your hands before or that is not possible – as soon after leaving as possible